Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Watercolor and collage

I took an "Introduction to art" class that I ended up not liking and quitting. But I did the first two assignments.

This one I started a year or so ago just never finished.


It's primarily done in watercolor, although I also used some gouache and inking. Originally, I was inspired by the movie "Color of Pomegranates" by S. Parajanov. I feel like I could have refined it a little bit more instead of settling down for how it turned out to be. But I feel like that about all the work I do - I am never happy with the result. Anyway.

Here's the second piece. This was my first collage I ever made.


This was for the assignment "Fantasy and Me". Two years ago I was designing a dragon girl costume for the Halloween party and I drew this girl. It's in watercolor. The dragon I copied from some book and watercolored it. The rest was cut out from various magazines and calendars... and most of it was put together in Photoshop. I have mixed feelings about it. Collage is not my thing and I would've never tried if it wasn't for the class. And I could never find enough of the "correct" components - some I needed flipped, some resized. Thank god for Photoshop - I would have been very miserable to put everything together on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment