Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Comic book art



This is done the same way as described in the previous post - sketched, inked, scanned, colored in AI, and background made in AI. For sketching I used a wooden manikin to get the pose and proportions right. I was going for a dynamic pose - it's a little bit of strange one but hey maybe she just let go of a rope she was hanging onto and is going to punch somebody while dodging to the side... Definitely made it challenging to draw.

If I end up making some comics she will definitely be one of the main characters. And if I go with animation I can simplify it a bit out of this style and make it more cartoony but in either case this will definitely be used later on one way or another.

Anyway, drawing her and coloring her in AI took me about a day. All things considered not too bad timing for right now in this style. I stepped away from learning AI a little bit and have been training myself in drawing lately but after making this I realized there is still a lot I need to learn to do in Illustrator so I'll be back to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment